CREATING COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE FOR BUSINESS GROWTH
The nearly 4.4 million Latinx-owned businesses in the United States contribute more than $700 billion to the American economy every year, according to the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
And yet, despite the growth in population and business ownership, there is an entrepreneurship gap.
LATINX ENTREPRENEURSHIP FAST FACTS
- Latinx people account for more than half of the US population growth from 2000 to 2010.
- Latinx entrepreneurs start businesses at a higher rate than non-Latinx individuals.
- Despite the growth in population and business ownership, there is an entrepreneurship gap: Latinx businesses tend to start smaller and stay smaller as compared to non-Latinx, white-owned businesses.
- They are concentrated in transportation and warehousing, construction, accommodations and retail services.
- They are underrepresented in professional services.
Using Interise’s award-winning curriculum, the StreetWise’MBA’™, Accelerate Latinx is designed to create a community of practice, and support Latinx-owned small businesses to scale for local job and wealth creation.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. DATA MOVES MARKETS.
In addition to reducing the racial wealth gap, one of the goals of Accelerate Latinx is to elevate our network’s understanding of the Latinx small business space and the challenges and opportunities within that space.
Accelerate Latinx will surface insights around what Latinx entrepreneurs experience as owners of established, growth-oriented businesses.
Interise research will make recommendations on how to create opportunities and reduce systemic barriers faced by Latinx business owners.
Interise will invite partners to collaborate as thought leaders in shaping the research agenda, designing studies, and disseminating insights.
Our local program partners include:
- Local First Arizona
- The City of Houston
- The Indy Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce