Three StreetWise 'MBA'TM business owners (Daniel Perez; Yessy Feliz; and Jose de la Rosa) were nominated for the 2017 Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards, given each year by the Immigrant Learning Center for four categories (business growth, neighborhood business, high-tech business, and life-science business).
Daniel Perez, a 2017 Interise graduate from Colombia who owns DPV Transportation Worldwide in East Boston, was nominated in the Business Growth category; Yessy Feliz, a current Interise business from the Dominican Republic who runs Tails, Inc. in Jamaica Plain, was nominated for Neighborhood Business; and Jose de la Rosa, a 2014 Emerging Leaders graduate from the Dominican Republic who owns Guardian Healthcare in Jamaica Plain, won the 2017 Immigrant Entrepreneur Award for Business Growth.
In the past, many StreetWise 'MBA'TM alumni have been nominated for these awards, and two have won in their respective categories. Below is a list of all that have been nominated, with winners in bold, along with the name of their small business, the location, and the year(s) they were nominated:
- Ruth Francis, P&R Ice Cream and Restaurant, Mattapan (2015)
- Alberto Calvo, Stop & Compare Supermarkets, Chelsea (2014, 2015)
- Herby Duverné, Taino Consulting Group, Boston (2016)
- Colette Phillips, Colette Phillips Communications, Boston (2016)
- Antonio Rodrigues, TNT Cleaning Services Inc., Assonet (2016)
- Marc Silva, Somerville Sustainable Cleaning, Cambridge (2014)
- Rosa and Nisaury Tejeda and Victoria Amador, Tremendous Maid LLC, Jamaica Plain (2014)
- Jose de la Rosa, Guardian Healthcare in Jamaica Plain (2017)
- Daniel Perez, DPV Transportation Worldwide in East Boston (2017)
- Yessy Feliz, Tails, Inc. in Jamaica Plain (2017)
Interise's proven model for accelerating economic development through small business growth in lower-income communities has had impressive impact across the country, as illustrated in the 2016 Impact Report. Celebrate thriving small businesses #AllYearLong!